I am not crazy prepared for the apocalypse or zombies, I just like to know that if we needed to leave the house quickly for a few days we could.
This also comes in handy when traveling with children (or my husband).
I have a bag for each person in my trunk along with one shared bag. If I use something from the kit, I make sure to re-stock once a week.
For the Outdoors:
- Bug Spray
- Beach Towels (one per person, these could be used for a variety of things – spills, warmth if the car breaks down – you name it…)
- Wet Wipes
- Garbage bags
- Ziplock Bags
- Clothing for 3 days (and a few extra pairs of undies and socks)
- 2 Days Worth of Beauty Products / Personal Hygiene Items / Diapers & Wipes
- Flash Light
- Mini Tool Kit
- Jumper Cables
- Bungee Cords
- Cell Phone Charger
- Emergency Family Plan (where should we meet up if we get separated)
- Duct Tape
- Matches & Lighter
- Binder with copies of all important documents
- Copies of a few family photos (make sure you have a current one for each family member so you can use them for identification purposes if needed)
- Pet Food for 2 days
- Food/Snacks that Would Last Two Days (think canned food and granola bars)
- Water Bottles
- 2 Days Worth of Medicine / Vitamins
- Hard Candy for Blood Sugar Emergencies (make sure it won’t melt)
What do you keep in your emergency kit?